November 29, 2021 @ 4:13 pm – 5:13 pm
America/New York Timezone
The workshop will feature six key elements to inform homeowners of the laws, risks, and benefits of owning an ADU and will showcase examples of how to redistribute the space within your property to create an accessory dwelling unit.
An outline of the workshop is as follows:
- Provide examples of existing ADUs New England
- A review of common zoning allowances and barriers to building an ADU
- Design and Construction challenges (Presented by Russ Collins of Home Innovations Corp)
- Financing construction/conversion (Presented by Ryan Tufts of HarborOne Mortgage)
- Renting out your home (Presented by Paul McLaughlin of HomeTeamNH)
- A review of recent legislation introduced to address aging in place and housing shortages.
A recording of the workshop, along with presentations, literature, and reference materials used during the workshop will be published on the Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission’s “ADU” webpage shortly after the event.