October 17, 2017 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
America/New York Timezone
Brandon Town Hall
1 Conant Square
Brandon, VT 05733
The Agency of Natural Resources (ANR) hereby provides public notice of the draft General Permit 3-9040 for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Roads. The draft MRGP General Permit covers stormwater discharges from all municipal roads, Classes 1-4.
Upon issuance of the final MRGP, municipalities are required to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to the Agency by July 31, 2018 to obtain coverage under the MRGP.
The public is invited to provide written comment on the draft MRGP through the close of business (4:30pm) on October 27, 2017.
Written comments on the draft MRGP should be emailed to Jim Ryan at [email protected] or mailed to:
Jim Ryan DEC Stormwater Program
1 National Life Drive, Main 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3522
Public information meetings will be held on the following dates, times, and locations:
- Tuesday October 10, 2017, from 6:00-8:00, Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission office, 29 Main Street Suite 4 Montpelier
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017, from 2:00-4:00 Johnson Town Offices, 293 Lower Main Street (Route 15) Johnson
- Monday, October 16, 2017, from 2:00-4:00 Martin Memorial Building, Ascutney
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017, from 2:00-4:00 Brandon Town Hall, 1 Conant Square, Brandon
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017, from 2:00-4:00 Northern Vermont Development Association, 36 Eastern Avenue St. Johnsbury
A copy of the MRGP and related documents may be downloaded from: https://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/public-notices/mrgp-public-notice
Hard copies of the draft General Permit and related documents may be obtained upon request. Requests and questions should be sent to the email above or directed to 802-490-6140.
- Final Draft Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP) Permit for Public Review
- Municipal Roads Outreach Materials
- MRGP Draft Standards
- Road Erosion Inventories and related documents
- Intermittent Stream Culvert Sizing Guidance
- Funding Assistance