November 3, 2021 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
America/New York Timezone
Please join us for
ADUs: How Homeowners Can Become Home Creators
Wed, Nov 3, 5:30-7 pm, Zoom
What are “accessory dwelling units” (ADUs), and how can they help address our regional housing shortage? Find out in this free, virtual discussion! For homeowners, planners, renters, policymakers, contractors, and anyone who wants to make our communities more vital and inclusive.
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)—a home built on a lot of an existing home—offer one approach that communities and ordinary homeowners can use to create much-needed housing that fits within the context of a surrounding neighborhood. This event will explore:
(1) how ADUs have positively impacted the lives of their inhabitants, and
(2) what’s preventing more widespread construction of ADUs, and
(3) what are some strategies for addressing barriers.
Panelists will include:
· Christopher Lee, Backyard ADUs
· RJ Adler, Wheel Pad
· Tyler Maas, Vermont State Housing Authority
· Barbara Conrey, Sustainable Montpelier Coalition