June 1, 2016 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
America/New York Timezone
- Other Meetings
i-Tree Software Training
June 1st & 15th
Registration fee: $25; limited space
Register online by clicking here
i-Tree is a state-of-the-art, peer-reviewed software suite from the USDA Forest Service that provides inventory, analysis, and benefits assessments tools for the trees in our cities and towns. i-Tree tools can help communities of all sizes strengthen their urban forest management, planning, and advocacy efforts by understanding and assessing the makeup of community forests, and the environmental services and economic benefits that trees provide. i-Tree tools can support watershed planning, placement of trees, forest conservation, land use decisions, and much more.
i-Tree tools are free and accessible online. This two-part workshop is intended to teach participants how to apply and promote i-Tree locally in order to make more informed decisions about tree management and stewardship. This workshop is appropriate for anyone involved and/or interested in urban and community forest management: town planners, VT Tree Wardens, municipal recreation and public works staff, professional arborists, conservation commission and tree board members, educators, landscape architects, foresters, and municipal officials.
- The first part of this training will be an introductory live webinar on Wednesday, June 1st, from 10am-12pm, which participants will join remotely.
- The second part of this training will be a full day training on Wednesday, June 15th from 9am-4pm at the Vermont Technical College in Randolph.
- Registration is $25 and space is limited; click here to register.
- The training will be led by Dave Bloniarz and John Parry, both with the USDA Forest Service.
- Participants are asked to bring their own laptop computer, if possible, to the in-person training on June 15th
- Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided at the in-person training on June 15th.
This training is co-sponsored by the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program, a partnership between UVM Extension and the VT Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation, and the USDA Forest Service: State and Private Forestry, Northeastern Area.
Questions? Contact Elise Schadler with the VT Urban & Community Forestry Program. Flyer attached; please spread the word!