April 29, 2014 @ 12:30 am – 2:30 am
Fairlee Town Hall
75 Town Common Road
Fairlee, VT 05045
- Other Meetings
Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission has initiated a process to update several sections of the TRORC Regional Plan. Currently, we are looking to adopt the following changes to the Plan in late June:
- The Housing Resources element: Incorporated new Census 2010 data to reflect new housing trends, incorporated data from the “Housing Needs in East Central Vermont” study, and generally expanded upon and extensively edited the element throughout.
- A new Child Care Services element: Expanded upon the pre-existing discussion of childcare provisions in our region that was previously found within the Economic Development element.
- A new Flood Resilience element: Meets the new statutory requirement for a Flood Resilience chapter, as required under 24 V.S.A. § 4302(c)(14) beginning July 2014.
- The Relationship of Regional Plan to Neighboring and Agency Plans element: Economic, housing and transportation relationships between the TRORC region and its neighboring RPC’s were analyzed and discussed, including the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee RPC and other organizations within the Vermont/New Hampshire area. The Enhanced Consultation process was added into the chapter’s ‘Municipal Plans within the TRORC Region’ section.
- Updates to the Definitions section of the Regional Plan are also included, per the element updates noted above.
The TRORC Board reviewed these updates at their meeting on February 26th and March 26th, and subsequently approved going to public hearing. The Board encourages your participation in these hearings, and welcomes written comments at—or prior to—the hearings.
The documents may be downloaded here:
Child Care In Our Region_3.27.14
Draft Defintions Section_3.27.14
Flood Resiliencev Chapter_3.27.14
Housing Chapter Draft_3-27-14
How Our Plan Relates Draft_3.27.14
Please contact Peter Gregory at: [email protected] or call 457-3188 if you have any questions.
The meeting minutes may be downloaded here: Minutes.4.28.2014.Fairlee