The state of Vermont and LEPC12 requires that TierII reports be sent in the Tier2 Submit file format .ts2. If you send a paper copy or pdf it will not be accepted. Please email these files to Victoria Littlefield at [email protected]

All facilities that use or possess certain hazardous substances (including petroleum products) or chemicals that exceed the minimum reporting threshold quantity are required under the Vermont Community Right-to-Know Program and the federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) to complete a Tier II inventory form and submit it annually to the state’s Hazardous Materials Compliance Officer.  All reporting facilities and transporters are also encouraged to participate in the LEPC.  The LEPC meets on a quarterly basis. 

Hazardous materials that require reporting include lethal chemicals, but also common substances such as fuel, and even sand, salt, or sawdust if in large quantities. To see what the list of substances is and the reporting threshold, or to contact the state office, go to the VT HAZMAT Compliance Tier II Program using the link below.  EPCRA has reporting requirements and Vermont has its own requirements.

A requirement of EPCRA is for Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) facilities within the borders of the LEPC is to attend meetings. Please reach out to Victoria Littlefield for more information and to be added to the email list. 


Many towns in Vermont are unaware that they are required to report substances such as sand and salt. This can be done using the free Tier2 Submit software which can be downloaded here:

State-specific information is listed below:

The NAICS code for road crews is 921120 (legislative bodies). 

HazMat (Hazardous Materials)

Responders always need to be constantly aware that hazardous materials (HAZMAT) may be present at incidents. The most common HAZMAT at emergency scenes in Vermont is a petroleum product.

All Hazmat spills/leaks or potential dangerous spills/leaks should be reported to 9-1-1 for immediate response, and then within the hour to both the 24-hour Hazardous Materials Spills Hotline at 1-800-641-5005, as well as to the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

Tier II Mapping Project

TRORC staff has completed an update to the Tier II mapping project, which geolocates and organizes Tier II facilities by town for ease of use and for response planning purposes. If you are a first responder or emergency management planner, please email Victoria Littlefield for the files.