The Two Rivers – Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) is providing the opportunity for you to be a part of a progressive, high energy and productive regional planning agency working with municipal, regional, state and federal levels of government and private and non-profit organizations. TRORC is seeking a skilled and self-motivated college student to assist the Senior Transportation Planner with field work, data collection and reporting tasks which include:
• Culvert and road erosion field inventories along the Vermont side of the Upper Valley
including Norwich, Strafford, and Fairlee. Collecting and entering data in database and mapping software.
• Setting out traffic counters, collecting data and producing final reports.
* Basic computer skills.
* Strong technical and organizational skills.
* Can work independently in an office environment and in the field.
* Enjoys spending time outdoors.
* Knowledge of planning concepts, GIS, and GPS is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, GPS software, ESRI ArcGIS 10 and ArcGIS Collector.
The location of the TRORC office is in Woodstock, VT. A personal vehicle is highly recommended as there are no transit services directly to Woodstock.
Compensation: This position is 37.5 hours a week and pay is $12-$15 an hour. TRORC will pay for mileage costs at the allowable IRS reimbursement rate. Standard work week is Monday-Friday.
Duration: May 15, 2017 to September 30, 2017, negotiable.
Please apply by Friday April 28, 2017 by submitting a resume, cover letter and 3 references via email to Rita Seto, AICP, Senior Transportation Planner at email@example.com.
TRORC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.