Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission has initiated a process to update several sections of the TRORC Regional Plan. Currently, we are looking to adopt the following changes to the Plan in late June:
- The Housing Resources element: Incorporated new Census 2010 data to reflect new housing trends, incorporated data from the “Housing Needs in East Central Vermont” study, and generally expanded upon and extensively edited the element throughout.
- A new Child Care Services element: Expanded upon the pre-existing discussion of childcare provisions in our region that was previously found within the Economic Development element.
- A new Flood Resilience element: Meets the new statutory requirement for a Flood Resilience chapter, as required under 24 V.S.A. § 4302(c)(14) beginning July 2014.
- The Relationship of Regional Plan to Neighboring and Agency Plans element: Economic, housing and transportation relationships between the TRORC region and its neighboring RPC’s were analyzed and discussed, including the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee RPC and other organizations within the Vermont/New Hampshire area. The Enhanced Consultation process was added into the chapter’s ‘Municipal Plans within the TRORC Region’ section.
- Updates to the Definitions section of the Regional Plan are also included, per the element updates noted above.
After taking feedback at public hearings on April 29th and May 1st and based on submitted comments, the updates are on track for adoption on June 25th.
The documents may be downloaded here:
Child Care In Our Region Chapter
Final Defintions Section
Flood Resilience Chapter
How Our Plan Relates Chapter
Please contact Peter Gregory at: [email protected] or call 457-3188 if you have any questions.