The Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) in east-central Vermont is seeking an energetic, multi-faceted person to join our team of professional staff.
The Planner will be responsible for individual projects working among our 30 towns. General planning duties may include writing a variety of plans that help communities solidify their vision for the future; avoid disasters; adapt to climate change and reduce emissions; address the housing shortage; protect forests, water and farmlands; and invigorate community centers.
This is a people-centric job and candidates must have excellent public speaking and group facilitation skills. A public service-attitude, sense of humor, a high attention to detail (and knowing when to generalize), and the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly are expected. Whether you got these skills in coursework or life is less important, but a Bachelor’s degree is still needed. Being in rural Vermont, the position requires a reliable vehicle and the ability to drive in the snow to attend night meetings with local officials.
TRORC’s service area is comprised of 30 towns that go from populations of under 400 to 10,000. We have excellent recreational assets, very low unemployment, and a variety of cultural and educational opportunities nearby. TRORC’s offices are beautifully located on a conserved farm on the outskirts of Woodstock, Vermont.
Candidates are encouraged to learn more about the breadth of our work at TRORC at www.trorc.org.
Starting salary is $50k+, depending on education and experience, accompanied by an eye-popping benefits package.
Applicants must submit the following as separate pdfs attachments in one email to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] – a cover letter stating desired salary, three references with phone and email contacts, a resume, and a writing sample.
Cover letter should be addressed to:
Peter G. Gregory, AICP, Executive Director
Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission
128 King Farm Road
Woodstock, VT 05091
Position open until filled. TRORC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) seeks a highly skilled, self-motivated, full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Finance Manager to join our team of dedicated professionals in a public service organization. Working directly with the Executive Director, responsibilities include management of TRORC financial accounts (A/P and A/R), organizational budget development, development of indirect cost rate proposals, financial reporting to the Executive Director and Board, grant budgets and contract management, financial aspects of grant reporting, management of payroll and staff benefits, annual audit preparation, general oversight of office operations as well as Board support. Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is required. Knowledge of federal or state grants management is a plus. Ability to work well with staff and the public is essential.
The Finance Manager provides financial, payroll, human resource and administrative management support to the Executive Director, Board and staff. The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Prepares monthly financial reports to the Executive Director and Board including monthly budget, accounts receivable, and balance sheet
- Prepares annual indirect cost allocation
- Prepares annual budget, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Prepares and submits annual W-2 and 1099 federal and state documents
- Prepares and submits quarterly federal and state filings – 941, VT tax withholding
- Prepares and submits annual Form 5500 filing
- Responsible for accounts payable and receivable
- Maintains QuickBooks financial management software
- Financially manages contracts in concert with program staff
- Maintains digital and hard copy contract files
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining office supplies
- Prepares, maintains and updates payroll information and files
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll and human resource operations by keeping information confidential
- Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
- Manages employee time sheets, time sheet reports and time sheet software
- Maintains and updates community database and email contacts
- Maintains employee benefits programs; coordinates with outside firm on Cafeteria Section 125 Plan
- Ensures legal compliance of financial, payroll, labor law and other human resource requirements
- Maintains company policy and procedures manuals
- Processes paperwork for new employees and terminations
- Attends monthly evening Board meetings
- Records minutes at Board and Executive Committee meetings, distributes meeting agendas and information to Board
- Schedules meetings, and coordinates venues, services and refreshments as needed
- Answers phone and greets visitors
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize duties and work on several issues simultaneously
- Ability to meet firm deadlines
- Experience with financial analysis
- Experience with GASB and Single Audit
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts, participate in new projects and pursue professional development
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and two to four years of experience in a similar position. A master’s degree in accounting, business or financial management is preferred.
Please email a letter of interest and resume, plus three references, contact information and salary requirements in a single pdf to Peter G. Gregory, AICP, Executive Director at [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. TRORC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TRORC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within its service area.
Adopted by the TRORC Executive Committee on September 13, 2023