Efficiency Vermont has provided grant funding to Regional Planning Commissions to support local energy committees and municipalities and to connect regional and local energy plan implementation efforts to Efficiency Vermont and Comprehensive Energy Plan goals. The funding will allow RPCs to provide technical assistance in the formation and development of local energy committees and to support the work of established local energy committees in specified areas tied to objectives for promoting energy efficiency and driving action. Supported activities of this grant funding include:
- Working to encourage the formation of new energy committees and enhancing the impact of existing energy committees
- Facilitating regional meetings and roundtables of energy committees
- Coordinating local Button Up and other events to promote thermal efficiency
- Use data resources such as the EAN Dashboard, and provide training to local energy groups
- Organize residential weatherization and home heating workshops
- Develop and distribute model zoning and subdivision regulations to support energy efficient building and design
- Organize regional workshops on electrical efficiency programs for commercial applications
- Distribute information on energy efficiency incentives
TRORC has scheduled the first regional energy committee meeting for
Thursday, September 5th at 6:30 pm at the Bethel Town Hall, 318 Main Street
TRORC will outline the new Efficiency Vermont grant, opportunities, projects and schedule. Please come with your calendars and ideas about how TRORC can help implement your town’s energy efficiency and conservation projects.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP and direct questions to Dee Gish at [email protected] or 802-457-3188
October 17, 2019
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
VA Hospital, White River Junction
- Call to order and introductions– Bruce Martin, Chair
- Approval of minutes for 8/22/2019 (attached)
- Action on TRORC Invoice.
- Treasurer’s report – Brad Salzmann, Treasurer
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) – Mariah Whitcomb
- Action and discussion on LEPC12 schedule change from bi-monthly to quarterly meetings.
- Other Business/Upcoming Trainings
- SERC meeting – LEPC consolidation update
- LEPC12 website
- LEPC plan template
LEPC12 Next meeting – December 19, 2019 at TBD
Learn where water quality restoration and protection efforts have been identified in your basin. Find out who your local watershed partners are and how you can help to protect surface water quality in your community. Join the Stevens, Wells, Waits, Ompompanoosuc & CT River Direct Tributaries (Basin 14) State Watershed Planner for a presentation and discussion on the 5-year update to the Basin 14 Tactical Basin Plan. Attendees are encouraged to provide feedback on the plan and its priorities. All are welcome!
A presentation will be made on the duties and responsibilities of Emergency Management Directors in Vermont.
Quintown Regional Energy Committee Interest Meeting
Rochester Town Offices
February 20, 2020
6 – 8 p.m.
*light refreshments will be provided*
2. What does TRORC bring to the table
3. What is an energy committee?
4. Current energy issues; electricity, thermal, transportation
5. Process of developing a sub-regional energy committee
6. Future implementation actions
Please RSVP to Kevin Geiger at [email protected]. Feel free to forward to anyone who may be interested!