ANNOUNCEMENT: The VT Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) is pleased to announce the release of new Vermont Orthoimagery collected in 2016. This release represents the 1st acquisition year of a new collection effort (2016-2020 map here) which will result in a completely new set of 30cm leaf-off 4-band orthoimagery. Additionally, we are collecting 15cm imagery for specific “buy-up areas”.
The 2016 orthos cover approximately 1/5 of the state, a swath cutting across Rutland and Windsor counties. 30cm imagery is available for this entire area; 15cm is available for the buy-up areas (shown with hatched lines on the map).
- Higher Resolution Base Imagery – The base orthoimagery is being collected at 30cm Ground Sample Distance (GSD). This nearly halves the resolution from previous ortho vintages (50cm).
- 6-inch Resolution for Buy-up Areas – Approximately 10% of the state is being collected at 15cm GSD.
Get It! Downloads in JPEG2000 file format
- 30cm Color: http://geodata.vermont.gov/datasets?t=datasetvtortho_0_3m_clrir_2016
- 30cm Pan: http://geodata.vermont.gov/datasets?t=datasetvtortho_0_3m_pan_2016
- 15cm Color Buy-ups: http://geodata.vermont.gov/datasets?t=datasetvtortho_0_15m_clrir_2016
- 15cm Pan Buy-ups: http://geodata.vermont.gov/datasets?t=datasetvtortho_0_15m_pan_2016
- Temporary Product Available until June 15, 2017: Uncompressed (GeoTIFF) and Compressed (JPEG2000) 2016 orthoimagery on a portable hard drive.
Questions: Steve Sharp firstname.lastname@example.org OR 802-882-3006.