January 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
America/New York Timezone
- Other Meetings
Beginning in 2018, Vermont’s Act 171 requires that municipalities and regions that are updating their municipal and regional plans identify areas that are important as “forest blocks” and “habitat connectors” and plan for development in those areas to minimize forest fragmentation. As town and regional plans come up for revision, many communities are now attempting to create the required maps and write appropriate language. This webinar will provide background, tools, and samples for this implementation process.
We will cover:
- What Act 171 requires of towns and regional planning commissions
- Sample town and regional plan language
- Guidance on finding, interpreting, and creating the required maps using the VT Agency of Natural Resources’ BioFinder website
- Case studies of policies that maintain and protect forests and connectivity
We’ll also leave time to respond to questions. The panel of presenters includes: Jens Hilke or Monica Przyperhart, VT Fish & Wildlife; Jamey Fidel, VT Natural Resources Council; Clare Rock, Central VT RPC.
The webinar will be offered on the following dates and times:
- January 29, 2018, 6-7:30 pm
- February 12, 2017, 2-3:30pm
- March 1, 2018, noon – 1:30 pm
To register please visit: https://vcgi.vermont.gov/events/list