For immediate assistance with an occurring dangerous event: dial 9-1-1. Do not use 911 to get information. Dial 2-1-1 for information during a disaster, or listen to radio and TV for emergency information.

Click here to report a power outage or see the status of outages in Green Mountain Power’s service area or call them at 1-888-835-4672.  

Click here to report an outage in Washington Electric Coop’s service area or call 1-800-932-5245.

To report severe weather, flooding, or significant snow or icing to the National Weather Service in Burlington, click here.

Individuals and businesses seeking assistance should report their damage to their town. 

Towns should report municipal and individual damage to the State. TRORC may be tasked to gather damage information from towns, and VTrans will also work directly with local road crews on assessing damage. Town personnel with secure login permission can access WebEOC

To report a Hazardous Materials incident, please call the HAZMAT Hotline at 1-800-641-5005. For more information go here.

VTrans Maintenance Districts

Towns that suffer road damage from emergencies should contact their District VTrans Office for assistance, or the State Duty Officer at 1-800-347-0488 if is not during working hours.  Please also let TRORC know of any damage.  We may also be contacting you to determine any road conditions and resource needs.  Stay safe and document all damage.

District 3 (Pittsfield, Plymouth)
61 Valley View Suite #2
Mendon, Vermont 05701
Phone: (802) 786-5826

District 4 (Barnard, Bethel, Braintree, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Chelsea, Granville, Hancock, Hartford, Hartland, Norwich, Pomfret, Randolph, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, Stockbridge, Strafford, Thetford, Tunbridge, Vershire, West Fairlee, Woodstock)
221 Beswick Drive
White River Junction, Vermont 05001
Phone: (802) 295-8888

District 7 (Bradford, Corinth, Fairlee, Newbury, Topsham)
1068 US Route 5, Suite 2
St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6670

Town Highway Federal-Aid Major Collector Roads

In the event of a federally declared disaster, if a town federal aid major collector road is damaged, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) will be the agency to work with for repairs of those roads, instead of FEMA. Emergency repair work to restore essential travel, minimize the extent of damage, or protect the remaining facilities, accomplished in the first 180 days after the disaster occurs, may be reimbursed at 100 percent Federal share.  After that period, 80 percent reimbursement will commence.  

More info on the FHWA-ER program

Here is a list of federal aid major collector town roads in the TRO Region: Town Major Collector Roads TRORC and a map.